Happy Birthday to Oscar Fingal O’Flahertie Willis Wilde!
Mr. Wilde would have been 158 today and I’m sure would have still looked fabulous.
…Okay maybe not SO fabulous but a flower and some fur for sure!
I’ve already posted many of my favorite Wilde quotes so, I was at a loss of which to post today. Usually, I post his immortal guidance for writers: A poet can’t survive a misprint and one should never fear being over educated! Oscar relished in being talked about in society. Wherever he went his biting wit followed. His life ended in suffering, but his life is celebrated in glory.
In Honor of Oscar’s life and great understanding of the world around him, here are a few of my favorite words of Wilde wisdom:
One should absorb the colour of life, but one should never remember its details. Details are always vulgar.
The Picture of Dorian Gray
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere’s Fan, 1892, Act III
- Who, being loved, is poor?
Oscar Wilde, A Woman Of No Importance, 1893
- All sins, except a sin against itself, Love should forgive. All lives, save loveless lives, true Love should pardon.
Oscar Wilde An Ideal Husband
- Cheers to you Mr. Wilde! Thank you for inspiring me everyday!